View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 09:39 AM   #166
May70

Re: Project: Montezuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Great job on all that rust. On the one hand, it made me tired just watching. On the other hand, your methodical approach made it seem like I might be able to do it if it comes my turn.
Thanks!

//

Engine is back. Waiting on one mount insert and trans crossmember. Called Holley and they gave me this update since they said they don't track where orders are in the priority (keep this in mind as you read).

Mount insert: More expected 9/30
29 B.O. Last order filled - placed 9/2021 , shipped 10/2021

Trans Xmember: More expected 6/18
39 B.O. Last order filled - placed 9/2021 , shipped 12/2021

I hung up and got to thinking - thats weird. I received one insert and just placed the order 5/20, so why are they saying the last complete shipment was 10/2021? I know there were B.O.'s when I placed the order.

Holley said they ship based on a first in - first out policy. Interesting they said they couldn't tell me where my order was in the list, huh? That makes me believe their are three potential explanations.
1- They made a mistake or they don't really ship first in - first out
2- They are intentionally sending people one of multiple required items (potentially so they are less inclined to cancel the order)
3- Their information being provided about orders and shipments is incorrect (if they know that or not - who knows)

Another point to note here is that when I called last they said nothing would be shipped until its all together. However when I checked out - all the individual pieces of the kit showed up as separate line items and here I am with an incomplete kit.

Also everything I have received will need to be painted because the coating they use is not good. Im used to this by now but for the money, that's pretty sad.

Ill be calling back later this month to see how many orders got shipped out, if I'm not on the ship TO list. I may end up cancelling the trans crossmember and insert order but I don't want to do that. Maybe ill get lucky. Im going to try to find out if the inserts are the same as the GM standards. Maybe I can get one to put in its place while I keep moving.

Going to wait to paint until I mock up etc.
Attached Images

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote