View Single Post
Old 09-05-2023, 07:13 AM   #1463
special-K
Special Order

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfs200p View Post
Thanks for the compliments.
That is a nice one, but if I remember correctly Special-K said that truck was originally a c/20 that was converted to 4wd. I don't think I've seen a 4x4 highlander pickup on here through all the searches I've conducted.
No, Here's the story. I gave info I learned from another member here not long after I bought it in '04. He knew the truck from CO where it came from and knew the guy who did the work before the buyer who owned it between us. The truck was all original and very nicely kept, all original paint, which it still had when I bought it. It had an accident like a tree or something came down hard on or into the cab. This talented friend of his bought the truck and repaired it by using a donor Cheyenne Super C/20 which is the cab on it now. I bought it for being so rare because I have been an avid K/20 guy since these trucks were young and was heavy into collecting rare examples.
I thought I had this member's name, but when I later contacted him to get this guy who did the work's info, it turned out I had kept the wrong member's name. Their names were similar. I contacted Cheyenne10 in OR or WA by mistake. This was when I first joined the site in 11/04 and was unfamiliar with using computers. I bought the truck in July that year. So I lost the trail of ownership and hopes of fact finding on the truck. Therefore, I never pushed the truck's originality in threads like this. I didn't have what we all know is needed to bare the burden of truth. All I have is hear-say that I know is true. This guy contacted me and gave the detailed story. So I was fine, and so was my friend who bought it (a collector) with it just being a really cool K/20. The truck has a KE2 VIN, regardless. The previous owner did not take good care of it, it needed a lot of mechanical work and he dinged it up, had mismatched mirrors, wheels and tires, and broken leafs. But he paid good money. On the title it showed it originally had a lien for $11 grand. This would have been at least a couple years prior to '04. I paid half that for it and rebuilt the mechanics to have a nice driving truck with cosmetic wear

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote