View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #702
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

No I'm not trying to be a jackass, but you say that you can read that it says in my for sale threads that "these prices are always current and up to date" then why are you asking what the price is? I don't know what I need to do to make that more clear? I get asked that same question 10+ times a week. I created and maintain my for sale threads so that I hopefully don't have to repeat myself multiple times a day or week. So yes I do get a bit irritated when I keep getting asked the same question repeatedly when I feel that I have made it clear what the answer is.

Since this thread is about a rear disc brake conversion for a truck differential and we are on a truck forum, when you say "I was planning on using 10/12 bolt rear dust shields", that sounds like you are talking about truck 10/12 bolt rear dust shields? Doesn't it? You originally said nothing about aftermarket dust shields from Inline Tube for passenger 10/12 bolt diffs.

And when I told you that the F44 rotors would not accommodate the D52 pads, you seemed like you didn't believe me until I posted a pic to verify my statement. You want to ask questions but don't believe me when I do give an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.'sFAB View Post
I see what you mean.... How much is a set of your brackets for a 6 lug rotor with Cadillac/Camaro calipers? I seen it listed for 177 plus shipping?

I was planning on using 10/12 bolt rear dust shields (knowing I will have to change the bolt pattern), will those shields be able to be sandwiched in between your brackets still clear the rotor and caliper? I ask because they already have a cutout section at a specific angle already and was wondering if that angle is close to the angle of your brackets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.'sFAB View Post
Well... 1st off. Yes, your right I can read. Just seeing if price is "still" current. You didn't actually need to point out that it was in bold text. Are you trying to be a f-ing jackass?

2nd. The dust shields I'm looking at are through Inline tube (seen them on ebay). And I'm currently using them on my 67 Chevelle (4 wheel disc conversion). They don't just fit 8.5 and 8.6 rears, they fit 8.2, 8.875, etc. 10/12 bolt "CAR" rears up to '81. Maybe you should take a look at those?

When did I ever say that 12 bolt trucks came with rear disc's??? I didn't, I was referring to the shields. Why do you think I pointed out the tube flange is bigger on these then car 12's...… Answer.... because I already know that!! And yes, I know it will add thickness to the setup, about 0.050 worth of thickness

Now if you want, I can keep going on talking to you like a jackass, like you are to me or we can BOTH go back to being civil?

I asked you the questions because I didn't feel the need to scroll through a 1000 posts and waste 2 weekends to see if I could "potentially" find answer to my simple questions. If that's too much to ask, then maybe I'll just pass on these....
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote