Thread: 47-59 1950 3600/S-10-LS swap
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 08:50 PM   #2
scott123

Re: 1950 3600/S-10-LS swap

This the 1950 3600 I drug home a few months ago. It has no motor and no transmission but has a clean VA title.

It has a front end out from under a AMC Pacer, around 1976 or so I am told, with a GM 10-bolt rear end.

The AMC Pacer looks like a pretty good install but from the transmission mount back, it leaves a lot to be desired. The inside looks like a mid 80's Camaro bucket seats with a center console and gear shift from a mid-80's Cutlass. The wiring harness looks like a split between the 1950 harness, the Camaro and Cutlass and maybe two extension cords.

One thing the person who did the work was not afraid of welding rods and had an endless supply of 1" angle. Everything is fabbed with 1" angle with a ton of rod added at every joint.

ASs I started to take it apart I found I had a 1950 3600 uni-body truck. The running boards are welded to the front and rear fenders. And they were welded as if it was structural support. The bed is welded together vs. being bolted together.

The floors are in pretty good shape and may have been replaced at some point. The cab is in really good shape with the exception of the cab corners. I have a lot of spray foam and a lot of filler and there may be a little of the cab corner buried between the two.

For what it is, and no more than I paid, I still got the warm fuzzies about starting the project. For me, the warm fuzzies are the most important.

Scott
Attached Images

scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote