View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #9
svr

Re: Wheel & Tire size for Flat out C4 Build

I used c4 running gear from an '88 pn my '57. The '88 and later versions are slightly wider than the earlier ones. Something to think about when ordering tires and wheels. I made my own brackets and cross members kinda copying the flat out style. I used the original corvette front cross member to measure and align all the mounts. I am just about to order wheels and tires. I kept the original '88 tires and rims for rollers while i worked on the frame ect. The original wheels are 9.5x17's with a plus 56mm offset or 7.5" backspace with 285/40x17 tires both front and back. When i put the cab and box back on the frame after the suspension was mounted i found the corvette wheels had to much offset and i had to put 1.5" spacers on the rear to clear the bed sides and with those on i barely had clearance on the outside on the fenders, i could get my fingers in there but it was tight. In the end i made some mini tubs for the bed sides to make the sway bar clear the bed floor and make some additional room for tire choices in the future wothout haveing to have special rims made. So my wheel choices are torque thrust classic ll's with gray 5 spoke centers, 9.5x17's for the rear and 8x17's for the front, plan on 285/40x17 tires on the back and 225/50x17's on the front, the rears will have 6.5 back space and the front will be 4.5 back space. Look at my build and if you have any questions ask away.