View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #85
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Parting Out versus Scrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Well, I made a mess!

I wanted to move her pickup because it was sitting on the "circle drive" behind the garage and I have a guy coming tomorrow to do some work on the house. So I started the Duramax and let it warm up a while and then tried to drive around the edge of the yard and then turn around and go the other way and park it up behind the old chicken pen, pointing towards the house just in case I had to run a cord and charger out to it.

So I get down to the lower corner of the yard and it's not wanting to steer in the wet grass and I think "I should give it some throttle to turn" but by that time it's dug in a rut almost a foot deep! Nobody around competent enough (!) to help me pull it with the other pickup, but I did manage to get it to back up a little by straightening the wheels and finally worked it forward and back enough times to get going across the lower edge of the road. I made sure to hit the brakes each time to stop the wheels before I shifted gears.

Finally it was all I could do to just park it sidehill below our 2016 K2500 before I slid into anything or got stuck again. Now I have ruts in the lawn and mud all over her pickup Some days it's better to just stay in the house I guess
What! No pics......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote