View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #40
May70

Re: Project: Montezuma

I fit the front edge up into place ( with the help of two people) and trimmed where needed (as mentioned above). I didnt take pictures but I had to trim the front pan lip where it sits in the firewall lip, the 4" or so where the 'hump' comes up, that lip on the pan was too deep and caused the pan not to sit flush.

Once the middle of the front of the pan looked good, I clamped it, then raised the rear of the floor pan up to my old 'white line' I marked on the original floor.

I then took self tapping metal screws and started on the front, working my way on the inner halves of the floor pan. The outer portions needed to be bent down and really did not want to snug up to the firewall. Lots of screwing, pulling to get the whole pan to move forward. its close and my old measurements line up. It took about 2.5 hours for me to get it in there. I also had to take out the kick panel replacement because it was too tight to fit in floor. I will have to trim it and then weld it in once the floor and all is done.

The pillars are reproduction, and the rear holes in the floor do not appear to be forward enough to be bolted in to the floor. The forward holes look good. So I will probably just bolt the front two holes and weld in the back two. Not real happy with that but I didnt have much to work off of. I was pretty careful when replacing those, making sure all the angles and measurements were right. Im not sure why its like that, I gues its just the difference in repro parts. Not too comfortable with it though (inputs welcome).

Now im going to put the doors on and start test fitting with corners/rockers.

Next (i think) I will do the cab corners and then outer rockers. Leaving everything in with those metal screws till I get it all straight.
Attached Images

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations

Last edited by May70; 07-16-2020 at 12:31 PM.
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote