View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:05 PM   #84
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

I decided to replace the timing cover gasket and crank seal,while the engine was opened up I decided to replace the oil pump as well.I pulled the oil pan off again to allow access to the pickup tube, and to make things easier, good thing I did! When installing the oil pickup tube previously,I thought it was more difficult than it should have been to install. Well it turned out that I had pinched the O ring upon installing the tube, I feel this time I got it right.
Many smaller items have arrived including a new water pump that will go back on. The headers arrived, and the quality looks great for the price....but not sure I will be able to use them this year, I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on a T56 magnum 6 speed conversion kit, the quote came back at $6800! 3 years ago I received a quote at a booth at the street machine nationals for $5200. I have a request out to another vendor in search of a better deal. If I can’t swing a deal, I can make the old sm465 work for this year. I purchased a pilot bushing, and flywheel that will allow me to use the old school transmission with the 5.3ls, if need be. Not what I want, but it may need to be if I can’t keep costs down.
Attached Images