View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
washington blue

norms 55 chevy pu build

The story goes something like this. About 25 years ago my wife's grandpa (Rolf) was going to move to town as he and his wife were approaching 90. They owned this 55 Chevy pu.

Rolf had gotten it from his son (my father in law) who bought it in about 58 or 59 to drive back and forth to work at the local John Morrell plant in Sioux Falls SD. After about 10 years my FIL decided to trade for a newer Pu, when Rolf heard this, he bought it from his son to use as a farm pickup.

For the next 20 years it lived a hard life on the farm and also served as a shop truck because Rolf was a mechanic and did repairs on neighbors equipment and also did tractor work in his shop, overhauling engines or fixing what-ever was wrong with them.

When Rolf decided to move to town I asked if he might consider selling the 55 to me. He told me when he was done with it I could have it. About a year later the 55 came home to my house.

When I got the 55 it was a long box but Rolf had a 55 short frame that he was going to build another pickup from but had not gotten to it, so I brought that short frame home too.

The picture shows what I drug out of a corner of my shed after a 20 year slumber. I had done some work to it before putting it away which I will show in future pictures in future posts
Attached Images

washington blue is offline   Reply With Quote