View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 09:04 AM   #702
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Put new shocks on the front of the '91. I had been hearing a clunk under the front end lately so I crawled under there to find the bushing was completely gone from the lower shock mount on one and while both shocks were dry the other one began dripping oil while I was under there looking. Isn't that timely? I believe those were the original shocks too. 85,000 miles. I had to use heat, the death wheel 5000 and air chisel on one upper bolt and impact wrench on the other one. Rides nice and quiet now. Oh and I put on Monroe gasmatics. I used to buy 4 of those for what 1 costs now. Geez.
I put new shocks on the front of my Suburban last spring. I was wondering if I replaced the originals. 230k on it now! I used to run Gasmatics many years ago, like since the '70s! I got Pro-Comps this time. Still need to install the rear ones. No leaks or bad bushings but both shocks I removed gave little resistance. Definitely feels better now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
Shocking!

My truck is stuck in the mud in my yard. It's been raining a lot lately. I'm hoping the ground will have soaked in a lot of the water by morning. I stopped before the wheels sank too much.
Sounds like fun. I hope it's better now, but sounds like you need a tug or get a board under the tire. Still terra firma around here after getting rain

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote