Thread: 55.2-59 Help me decide......
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:49 AM   #14
dsraven

Re: Help me decide......

all said and done, lower control arms need to be level with the ground, side to side, for proper geometry and steering, so it makes sense to get that part right and then see what ride height you have after that. they also need to be level fore to aft so get that right and see if you like the rake angle like that. THEN worry about wheels and bolt patterns etc. you can use some threaded rod in place of the shocks to get the control arm adjusted level. see if you need to change the springs or not after that. install tires of the correct size that you will use when done so the ride height and rake angle will be correct as well as the fender clearance.
sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade, just trying to help you get through to your road test safely.
proper wheel and tire size is important. sometimes we opt for the cheaper, cooler looking option rather than doing the math and figuring out what we actually want/need to make things work with our set up. if you have a cool set of wheels that will not work it is better to raffle them off now rather than modify the truck to fit the wheels. I know, you didn't wanna hear that. sorry. been there, spent more money and time doing that.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote