View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 10:13 PM   #35
Dongray

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguyase View Post
Hi, the great Mr48Chev mentioned me, I have a 1954 3100 with a t5 with a 250 6 cyl. a/c and power disc brakes. My power brake booster is under the truck mounted on the frame. The kit is from CPP. It was a complete kit, booster, brackets, master cyl, combination valve. Be careful , the proportioning part of this valve must be for a car, because if you drive it in the rain it will go down the road sideways. guess how I know. So add an adjustable proportioning valve on the line to the rear brakes. I used a Wilwood. If I had to do it over again I would mount it on the firewall. I would also get rid of the original emergency brake system that I fought hard to keep. My bell housing has the engine mounts attached to it and had a 4 speed granny trans attached, I don't know what it is out of. My new project is I'm putting in an electric power steering unit (EPAS) from a 2005 Prius. Wish me luck.

So I assume you would go to the firewall due to ease of access? Or are there other reasons? I like the clean firewall which is the only reason I’m trying to keep it underneath but I can see how it can be a pia!
Now why would you drop the original ebrake? I would have thought it might be one of the more straight forward items to work with.

I have to admit if there were some cool pedal s that didn’t stick out like a sore thumb on the firewall or toe board I would really consider dropping the originals.
You will have to let me know how the epas works out . I like the concept of the mod and you don’t need to hassle with the hydraulic aspects…..that being said I’m sure it will have its own but let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dongray is offline   Reply With Quote