View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 12:05 AM   #28
HAULIN' IT

Re: Does anyone have an original paint Blazer or Jimmy with painted door latches?

I dont have any direct info on Blazer/Jimmy's however I do recall when doing research for a '69 Camaro I did, that there was confirmed "oddities" like you are finding. I dont recall to be able to recite them but it was very similar...this plant, that plant, before this date/after that date, ect ect. There were some "for sures" that were either right or wrong but somewhere in there was some maybes. What I do remember was the basics. If the latches were painted, so was the striker. If the doors were painted, so was the trunk latch/striker, ect.

The one photo posed that I kinda have trouble with is the one Blue one with the painted bolts but not the latch...that would typically be a no-no. This would mean the guy on the assembly line put the latch in & then masked off the latch poking through the door or was already masked off, installed & then later peeled off (more likely). Now in a way the idea isnt completely wrong...we want the latch in place but someone realized that the paint will peel, stick the latch ect. so a masking operation was added. My Two Cents, Lorne
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote