View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
JointTech

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

no offense taken.
I like getting the right parts and getting quality as well. I guess I'm just frustrated that I cant have everything. Walmart prices, mom and pop service, and Free shipping LOL.

as to the websites, like i said nobody is going to beat LMCs catalog without a huge investment and upkeep.

But oscommerce, zencart, magneto; ad nauseum are free and just as easy if not easier to keep updated than the crap carts/shopping carts they use now.

I know for a fact there are at least 3 active members that do web design. I used to but focus more on infrustructure now. That said a post asking for help in exchange for a discount could probably get all of them working carts and a design refresh on the sites.

I have heard lots of stories about LMC stuff being crappy but havent come across it myself. Maybe when that happens my tune will change.

Coming from a computer background I NEVER call for support unless I cant figure it out some other way. Tech support is always a kid getting min wage that doesnt give a **** so why bother calling? I suppose thats why that part of ordering from a mom and pop is not a big feature for me. I can see how it would be useful for some though.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote