Thread: 55 in NH build
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #46
Kevin_C

Re: 55 in NH build

I got the ship notification from Flat-Out for the front kit! I think I found a good home for the lowered power I beam so he's gonna help me pull the engine and suspension in trade.

Ordered some speedway motor mounts. Purchased a 2 ton hoist and an engine stand. I had picket up a cheap HF flaring tool which was junk. tube kept pushing through so I bought a 3/16ths specific double flaring tool for $15. makes perfect flares every time.

Learned that my truck has a hydro boost under the cab so I've been reading up on that. Not a fan of the large/weird access panel that was cut into the floor to get to the master. it straddles over the seat mount. I think a remote fill cover would have been a better option as both seats would need to be removed to access it which will get worse as carpet is added. While I was under there I saw a few things I didn't like. the bread boxes were layered with a 1" lip but there wasn't any seam sealer or paint on the edge. thinking about using por15 putty and then painting it. Also the front corner under the cab has some rot. its just in front of the fender mount but not sure what it's supposed to look like or the they sell a replacement. its almost a mid layer feeding up to the cold air vent but I don't know what to call it.

The cab had been sandblasted and epoxy primed so at least I know what is what but the down side to everything being painted black is its hard to see or photograph