View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Thank you for posting that Tim
That is one of my favorite songs. Page and Plant played it when I saw them.
You're welcome. That has to be their "finest" song. It shows their talent, writing and playing, in a more subdued gentle acoustic way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Tim, clicked on your post and first thing I saw was the Black Oak Arkansas CD. Seen Black Oak in concert years ago and have always liked their sound. The CD you posted is VERY hard to come by, have it on LP album and just recently was able to find it on line.
So much great music never made it to CD. I have many LPs that were never on CD. I only remember Black Oak Arkansas and Fanny from this era. Very few times have I heard their music on the radio past this era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Paul, great great song of that time (and still). The Byrds and all the music from artists that both flowed into that group as well as radiated from it. They were 'the' folk rock' group and country rock came out of the Byrds as well. The great American band at a time when the Brits had a hold on the American youth. This era is when American music rose to the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
Here's the Fanny vid:

https://youtu.be/imZUqkPlUaQ

Funny, I was just thinking of that song the other day. They played the original by Marvin Gaye on the radio.
Thanks, Pritch. Maybe you found it posted by someone else. I only glanced through while editing. I wanted that particular one for being a live studio cut.

Motown was still happening and it tried to change with the time. Kinda worked but nothing like what it was at the beginning of the era

Ok, just a touch early being '66. I mainly didn't want to go into '73 because by then the record industry had taken hold and also many groups had split into solos, other groups, and generally seemed to be flowing rather than leading the 'edge'. Not that great music doesn't still live on to this day. But I just wanted to take a great Temptations song from early and one from later

'66
'69
'72

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote