View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
burlysluggers

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100 Disc Brake Conversion

Thanks dsraven!
- stock axle
- complete new kit desired including new rotors, callipers, master cylinder, hoses etc.
- stock ½ ton weight
- 130 HP 350 V8
- currently stock drums all around
- I don't want to waste money but not worried about budget. I want good reliable parts that will function
- I'm in Canada so I'm assuming mail order is most likely my option. Looking for specialized parts with a custom look, not off the shelf at a generic parts store.

Hope this detail helps you, help me.
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
it would be great to know exactly what s you are after. a disc conversion for the stock axle comes in a couple of variations. some use the stock hub with rotors that slide over, some use new hubs and rotors that slip on, some use one piece rotor and hub combo's. how much do you have to spend and how much weight, H/P are you trying to stop. are you looking for something whizzie looking or you just wanna stop the truck. a complete kit with master cylinder, hoses etc? do you have discs on the rear as well, stock drums, stock pedals? do you want parts that can be picked up at the local parts store on the highway somewhere because they are from a stock newer vehicle or a one off manufacturer that needs to special order?
burlysluggers is offline   Reply With Quote