Thread: What do I have?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 12:07 AM   #6
3757chevy

Re: What do I have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykids69 View Post
Check on the front of the block on the passenger side right above the water pump top bolt, there is a flat spot in front of the passenger head. There should be a number stamped into the block, if it wasn't machined off!
The casting number is on the back of the block, behind the drivers side head on the block as stated in the above post.

Sometimes pictures help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMBO View Post
Ok...I have a pic of the number that's at the back of the engine but I can't see a number where you guys are describing on the passenger side. I'm trying to send pics to confirm that I'm looking at the right spot but having trouble.
Can you spot the differences between the models of trucks by looking at them? Trying to figure out if I have a camper special or Cheyenne or ? I would like to get the proper badging for the truck some day.
Thanks for the help.
On the flat pad in front of head , may have to scrape to find , it is stamped not cast.
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote