Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #125
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
I have read most of your build. You are very talented. I bought my truck a year ago and then have had 5 hand and shoulder surgeries since then. Finally time to get started. You have several good ideas that I like. Questions- Post #101, 1st photo shows what appears to be a positive and negative something on one of the supports. More info on those please? Also, if you mentioned the tire sizes, I missed that. Would you mind sharing?

Thanks for the comments and interest in the build. I’m more than happy to share details and information, to me that’s the entire purpose of a build thread.

So the positive and negative lugs you see are in the forward cab mount. The reason for them is because the battery will be right behind the cab mount and will be difficult to access for service such as a jump start or battery tender. The battery itself will have two positive and two negative cables coming off of it. One each to these lugs, then one ground to the chassis and one to the starter. With the lugs like this I will have real easy access to them for a battery tender or whatever I need.

The rear tires are 29x12.5x15’s on a 10” wide rim. The fronts are 225/65/15 on a 7 inch rim.

Hope this helps answer your questions. Feel free to ask more if need be.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote