View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 05:50 AM   #12
Grizz1963

Re: What did you do to (or with) your truck today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
The steering wheels aren't very durable. If you find a nice one you might want to protect it with some kind of cover. Mine is ate up some underneath.
Ahhh, gotcha.

I am buying a used Blazer one for my truck and hope it will be in decent condition. It is $65.00 plus shipping. So I will be happy.
Same guy is selling me a top half of the radiator shroud as mine is badly cracked.

Final post for yesterdays work done.

When I bought the truck, the bonnet/hood was standing proud on the passenger side by about 8-10mm

The previous owner had told me he had repainted the drivers fender and hood, due to some paint damage and lacquer peeling.

This was not a problem for me, at 20 years old, the truck still looks better than may 3 year olds.

Dennis who has his body shop in St Louis, Missouri has worked on many of these S10 trucks back in the day, had told me these trucks had very little room for adjustment of panel gaps if disassembled or found not to be aligned.

So it was with trepidation I decided to give it a go, to see if I could improve the alignment.

Started with this.

Played with these.

You can see this side fender has been loosened and refitted.

This side got to go down a bit.

And this side keeps me happy for now......

Result.

Happy with that for now.

While cleaning up the stainless steel front grille embellishers I saw these markings on the rear.

The other one showed “top” to define which one fits where.

I am guessing an enthusiast at some point made these up for the truck.

They came up lovely with steel polish as well.

And finally, I had a few challenges from various people about the position of the K&N filter, with people freaking out that it was going to suck up tons of surface water.

So overdrawn on the pic, is where the filter actually sits inside the engine bay.

Not sure if I mentioned, the grille was delivered in a carpark last night, socially distanced and all that.

More as it happens.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote