View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #137
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Today I redid some of the fuel lines on the WMB. The PO had put a electric fuel pump and just ran hose to hook it up. Took steel tubing and replaced as much of the hose as I could and added a prefilter for the pump and ditched the clear plastic filter at the carb (just above the headers). The pictures show the changes best. After I was finished I found that I had removed 37" of hose. The prefilter is 140 mesh screen and cleanable. The filter is a 40 micron Baldwin. I did the supply to the pump in 3/8" for future needs. The last photo is of one of the fittings I was using. I was blowing out all the fittings before installing then when I found this one with a filing stuck in it from the matching process. It took a bit of work with a small screwdriver and a file to clean it out. Glad I saw it as it was the fitting that I installing at the pump inlet. I'm sure it would have chowed my pump sooner or later. The heater hose got repositioned so it no longer rubs on the fuel pressure regulator.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote