Thread: Triple Threat
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #19
izzy_Britton

Re: Triple Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
You can get the HB master rebuild kits from a few veeeery select sources if your interested. I did a thread on my basic rebuild of the unit on my '66.
I will follow up this post with more info in a few... but for now this question is for you because your subscribed and you might have a little experience...

WHEN the hydro Booster goes bad, what is the most obvious sign? I have replaced everything in my brake system with the exception of the ABS unit and the hydro booster unit.

there is ZERO pedal.

I can depress the brake pedal with one finger, all the way to the floor and release it and it takes 10+ seconds to return, and by return i mean lift 2 1/2 - 3 inches off the floor. there is no pressure on the pedal and while my wife presses the pedal and i crack a bleeder valve (any bleeder) there is no extra fluid released and the pedal doesn't move any further.

without pressing the pedal, if i crack the bleeder valve of any caliper the fluid will weep from the bleeder, and if left open all night the brake reservoir will run dry. if my wife presses the pedal while i crack the bleeder there is no change in the amount of fluid escaping the bleeder.

is this a sign that the HB is bad?

yes i did bench bleed the new master cylinder before installing.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote