View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #13
dsraven

Re: I'm new here, a few photos to introduce....

nice work.
let me clarify
-got a bunch of parts and trucks between you guys. sorted and ended up with what you want to start out with
-cut off the front of the frame and welded a different frame section in from a different old car to get IFS
-cut off the rear of the frame and welded a different frame section from a different old truck to get a different rear axle, gear ratio, springs etc.
the original part of your frame is what the cab is sitting on in the middle
-your frame is a home done, three piece, welded together, custom part. that's a lot of work and measuring, levelling etc. seems like it was all done in a short time frame. that's perseverance. good on you

just for giggles, here is a thread that shows a guy using an 88 chevy truck frame as a frame swap. I thought of this when you talked about your rear axle need/want and the rear half frame swap to get the axle. the parts came out of a similar truck I think. plus all the work and time to do the front end swap. it made me think of all the work I did on a old frame from my 57. disassembling, degreasing, blasting, welding holes closed, levelling, welding in a MII front end, making cross members, building trans mounts, building engine mounts, welding in a 4 link, sourcing and installing a different axle out back and doing wheel bolt pattern change overs on the rear axles so they match the front, on and on. I sold that frame and swapped to an envoy. lots of plusses with stuff already there, 4 wheel discs, 4 link, air bags, IFS strut front end with rack, fuel tank with pump integrated, fuel and brake lines done, park brake cables done, engine and trans mounts done, exhaust done, aftermarket performance parts available as bolt ons, on and on. if you get the v8 version it is an aluminum block LS with lots of potential. just wanted to mention the other build in case that interests you. maybe not since you are waist deep in your already, but might be worth a look. you always get ideas if nothing else.
not trying to rain on your parade, you're making great progress and getting lots done and the work looks good, just giving ideas. hopefully you don't take it the wrong way. keep posting pics and doing progress reports. we all like to see forward motion.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=398361&page=3
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote