View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
west9378

Re: My Grandads 1969 C20

It has been over a year since we first started on this build. The first week I thought I would have been driving it by summer 2010 today it is spring 2011 and we have had some progress but it is limited.
Update we have linex the frame and we have rebuilt the front diff, rear diff I found the origional rear diff in my grand fathers truck was a dana 60 so the dana 60 and dana 44 have both been rebuilt, the transmisssion a 700R4 has been rebuilt and painted, the nP205 has been completely rebuilt and painted both trans mission and transfer cas are Chevrolet Orange. The engine that was in my grandfathers truck had been replaced obviously by the person that my grandfather sold the truck to, so we are using that till we can see what I need for power and fuel economy, I will finish this project by putting a propane conversion on and installing a 60 gallon tank in the bed, CRUISE RANGE
The body has all ben blasted except the new cab that I am using thanks to everyones input regarding the cab and the amount of repair that was going to have to be done to make it complete.
I will post pictures this week.
Thanks everyone
West
west9378 is offline   Reply With Quote