View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 08:14 PM   #103
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Wow, where did all that time go !?
A few updates:
I needed to upgrade the Boyd tank to handle fuel injection. I ordered the Boyd In-Tank pump assembly, with aeromotive 340 pump. I had missed a great deal on a FAST intake complete with injectors, rails,and throttle body. I admit it was more than I currently need, but I was thinking of future needs. Anyway having missed that “great deal”, I still wanted a better intake, so I decided on a ls6 intake as a compromise. The Ls 6 “returnless” style fuel rail along with the C5 corvette fuel filter/regulator was not recommended with the 340 pump, so I now needed to run fuel supply and return lines all the way to the front, and order new fuel rails, and regulator.
The intake was a bit dirty inside, so I wanted to clean it up before I installed it. After removing the fuel rails, injectors, and MAP sensor, etc, I first tried cleaning it with brake cleaner, which worked pretty good, but not good enough. I then soaked the intake in a plastic storage bin filled with hot water and Dawn dish soap. This worked way better. I then took it up to the car wash and used the hot water and soap to clean it further and rinse it out.
It was also recommended that I run a Hot wire kit with relay and circuit breaker to wire the fuel pump . I chose the Aeromotive kit, part # 16307. It seems to be of good quality, and have plenty of wire.
More in a bit….
Attached Images