View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #106
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

A few weeks ago I was able to set the cab back on the frame with new mounts, I left the bolts a bit loose until I can set the front clip once again. With the cab in place I needed to patch and cut a new hole in the transmission tunnel, being that it is a high hump and removable, made it so much easier.
I was also able to mount the clutch cylinder and components for the hydraulic clutch.
The alternator/ power steering mount was going to be in the way of the throttle body on the Ls 6 intake, so I needed to cut off the portion with the idler pulley, and relocate the idler pulley using a kit front ICT. After cutting that portion off , I sandblasted the modified mount to clean it up.
A few other things needed to make the intake fit easier were ICT coolant crossover lines, and water pump spacers, along with a water pump for a 2002 Camaro.
Next on the list will be fuel rails and regulator. Very soon the front clip needs to go back on, so I can figure out some wiring, fans and most likely a Holley Terminator engine management system.
Attached Images