View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 08:28 PM   #117
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Very nice and clean. I had the 'rona at the first of January as well, and so did most of my family. We finally got out Terminator last week!

Question - what did you blast your power steering/alternator bracket with? Glass bead?
Thanks, I thought this way was cleaner than going through the firewall, I’m happy that the harness has plenty of length to do this.

Hopefully you and your family don’t suffer any lasting affects from the virus. It’s odd how some have very mild symptoms, and others suffer much more!

I don’t have a blasting cabinet, although they are very handy, I worked in shops years ago that had large blasting cabinets, and employees could use them after hours,or during lunch. If they have enough air pressure they do a great job.
For many years since I have used a pressure pot type sand blaster. It’s messy, so I use it outside, it works great on large or small parts.

Anyway, back to your question. I use silica sand for more delicate parts, or on the cast aluminum brackets, where a smoother finish is desired, and Black Diamond for heavy rust scale on frames or suspension parts. I think the Black Diamond Grit is pulverized boiler slag, or coal slag. As always, be certain to wear a respirator or supplied air hood when blasting, the dust is very bad for you as I’m sure you know. If you have a Menards or Home Depot near you, they should have it there .
Attached Images