View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 05:31 PM   #119
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

I have been try to finish up the wiring, but hit a roadblock. In the cab, a large portion of the wiring needs to pass through the carpet under the seat. It’s a lot easier to do this with the carpet in place, and feed it from the top side rather than from underneath.
I had ordered ACC carpet from Rockauto back in December, but that carpet was too short by 6” even though I ordered it to go all the way to the back of the cab. I sent it back and ordered a replacement , that carpet was cut very poorly by the transmission tunnel, and was out of square by 3” and short. It was impossible to square up in the cab, I sent that carpet back also. I again reordered another carpet, it arrived today, and this time I think it it will work. I usually let it sit in the sun for several hours to help the carpet relax, get rid of wrinkles, and form better. But today I just threw it in to test fit it. It looks like it will be fine….
Now I can try to get more of the wiring done.
While waiting on carpet I did manage to get the speedometer cable installed. The original cable was 60” long and it was too short. I ordered a 70” cable from GMC Pauls, and it fits perfectly.
I also am going to use stock 1972 style power steering hose and return lines. The metal tube portion of the lines need to be bent to fit better, but seem to work ok. I did need to swap the 1” fitting from the 72 PS pump into the LS pump in order to use the 72 PS pressure line.
The fitting on the left is from the 72 PS pump, the fitting on the right is from the LS pump. The difference is the fitting from the 72 pump allows use of hoses with flared fittings, the Ls style needs fittings with O rings
Attached Images