View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 08:09 PM   #122
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
I think at least half of us have had trouble with ACC carpets - mostly the low hump vs high hump.

You should mock up your power steering lines with your inner fender to make sure your lines will clear. The bend in one or both of those lines where they thread into the steering gear has to be really tight.
This is good advice.

The replacement parts are not as close to the originals as they should be. The high pressure line is close, but not exactly original . The bend at the steering box is not as tight as the original. It will take some work to be right. The replacement non pressure return line is not close enough, and I will have to use the original.
I have yet to install the front clip, perhaps next week. The replacement pressure line bend at the steering box is hopefully tight enough, I did have to bend it tighter to make it lay flatter on the frame. Interference with the inner fender remains to be seen.