View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 06:01 PM   #125
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Progress is progress, no matter how small it may seem.

What are your plans for bodywork? Spray the bed to match the rest of the truck temporarily or go straight to hugger orange now? I think you'll like having the top half of the cab in white and rest in a different color.
If I was able to get to the bed this spring, it would just be a scuff and shoot situation, to match rest of the truck. Once I have the mechanical stuff well sorted out, I will be able to focus more on the body and paint.
I do like the look of the top of cab white, and lower hugger orange, I may get started on that later this fall, but it is most likely going to be longer. I feel that, in order to do a color change correctly, the cab needs to come back off and paint the underside, firewall and interior as well as the exterior. I will need to upgrade my paint gun also ( my old gun is a 30+ year old Devilbiss Jga 502, yes I bought it new…) I know excuses,excuses. But I do want to drive it a bit first.