View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
Steve-W

Re: 1958 Chevy 60 Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Nice project Steve!
I’d like to see a Rat Rod, what are the further plans?
Ofcourse ratrod! we're going to shorten the wheelbase by 5Feet and add airrides. (we'll come see you, because we'll need some help designing that )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
What is IRS? Hetzelfde als de Domeinen??
ISR = Belastingdienst. The PO was arrested for drugs/guns and tax evasion.
must have been a real nice guy...

So we cleaned the cab a bit and had a closer look at the fire damage, as far as structural only the roof is a bit warped, but that doesn't concern us.

what suprises me, is how rot free is the truck. driving in the Netherlands for 59 years and it looks like it has been standing inside most of the time

we managed to open the hydrolic tailgate and took it of...this already saves 300 pounds

then we cleaned the inside of all the debris. the blask on the sides is a kind of kit where the insolation was up against. the aluminum back close to the cab was all melted because of the fire.

here's a pick of the hydrolic cilinder underneath the truck. removing that will again save a lot of weight

and check out that rear end!!

the project almost went down the toilet, because I was a bit optimistic in regards to our timeline dismanteling the build-up. So I called the landlord and asked if he wouldn't mind it standing outside for another 2 months.

luckily he gave the green light!
project is a go!
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote