View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 09:07 PM   #37
FLYNAVY30

Re: Suburban quarter replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi Nick,
Thx for reminding me to keep after this. I talked with the supplier this week about making the 3rd door lower inner and outer panels. He said they are reviewing market projections and cost on these items and should know something soon. New tooling will have to be made but for only one side. I asked how long it would take to get to market once approved, he said that it would be under a year. I'm thinking it could be 6 months or less. But the with the current supply chain problems with regards to overseas shipping it could be anyone's guess. With that said, I think this has a better than average chance of becoming a reality for 2022.

As far as a 1 piece suburban 1/4 panel section covering the rear arch area, I can say they're entertaining the idea but it's obviously a large commitment. When you consider there are repro bedsides or even blazer sides that could be cut down to fit in that area. Along with the lower patch panels being offered as well, it makes for a hard sell when you look at all of it. But I think its worth my time to push for a bigger patch panel covering the arch area, rather than trying match up 3 different panels or cutting down bedsides.

I'll be talking with them again next week, hopefully I'll have more info then.

Dave, thanks for keeping the press up. Ill definitely need both sides, and willing to pull the trigger whenever they become available.
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote