View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 11:17 PM   #41
Dave
DND Trucks

Re: Suburban quarter replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiti View Post
Hi Dave, and thanks for the update. I hope you make some progress, though it seems my timeline is probably ahead of the potential for some of these new panels.

In the meantime, what do you folks recommend for patching the rear wheel well and bottom quarters? I see that there are wheel well patches (of various sizes) and the forward and rear panels surrounding it. Will patching these pieces together produce a quality result? It seems that there are so many panel producers that I'm getting confused, so any advice, would be appreciated (photos of the problem areas on my truck are shown above).

Many thanks for your efforts, and any recommendations.

-Nick
Nick, I can only speak for myself but Keyparts seem to fit the best imo. You still have to do some fitment but overall quality is good compared to the competition. However, trying to match all 3 panels together around the wheel opening is still challenging.
Using a truck long bedside has been done before but is also a lot of work to make it work.The front lower part of the wheel opening on a long side is rounded where all the other models are squared off. You may already know that, just thought I'd mention it.
When any new info becomes available to me, I'll post it here.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote