View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #94
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Turned out I was not measuring accurately enough, so I changed my tactic, went "oh crap!" and cut out the entire rack mounting, then tacked it up again with what I thought would work better. Ended up with 1/8" toe out on bump, and quite a bit of toe-in on rebound.

Then I second-guessed myself, and put it all back the way I had it before, and had a bit of toe IN on bump, but less toe IN on rebound. To fix this, I would have to narrow the steering rack, which I don't think I can do because it's a power rack, so I cut it out again and put it back to where I had changed it to, but a slightly different rack height, and now I have zero toe change from ride height to full bump (5" movement), but some fairly aggressive toe-in through rebound. I'm going to leave it and see. It's not a race car.

And, I installed the sway bar that came with the crossmember. Had to clamp a section of tube so I can get the jack out from under it.

Yes, that's sitting on the ground.

And this is why I pie-cut the upper a-arms, the angularity would have been way worse:

Also cut off the shock mounts, as I will need need to relocate or refabricate those.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote