View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #10
Robznob11

Re: 67-72 custom sequential LED panels--- cooking it up right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird05 View Post
Rob where can I buy LEDS so I can make some stuff up. I just want to play with them. Back when I was working they were very cheep. But I cant find a Radio Shack anymore.
Sir there are many places you can use lighthouse leds is one. The trick is finding a vendor who supplies quality leds. Cause even tho they may look similar that doesn’t mean they are. I use superflux leds. You want some that have a higher voltage requirement and higher MCD. The higher the brighter. Some superflux leds are $.25 each. That’s why I always laugh when people don’t like the price on something. Lol as with everything you get what ya pay for. I guarantee the $30 and $60 boards you find have cheap (not bright SMD’s) . Most of the sequential leds also use them or the sequential is just a delay to make them appear sequential but still work with stock wiring. That’s why they don’t have triple flash brake or startup animation.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote