View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 10:04 AM   #21
jumpsoffrock

Re: New Aftermarket Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
I don't think the registration process would be impossible anywhere. Just different in some states. That being said, I see a really nicely built cab with -0- rust. I say with an aftermarket bed and new sheet metal, properly painted and undercoated, you have a truck that will serve you the entire rest of your life. You will also be able to pass it down to your kids and they can enjoy it for years. Most of us are cobbling together 50 something year old trucks that have held up through abuse and weather for a long time. Plus the fact that yours will be garage kept helps. Who was able to do that in the late 60s and early 70s. Not too terribly many.
in addition to this, I think the seam sealer used on these trucks wasn't of the same quality as what you can get nowadays, and as long as you wash out the cowl area and make sure that roof drip rail seam sealer is in tip-top shape, I really don't see much of a chance for rust to propagate.

Is there any seam sealer applied to these aftermarket cabs whatsoever? There are some seams in the cowl that are factory sealed that would be a royal PITA to try on your own. I *assume* they would apply sealer at stages before the cab was fully assembled.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote