View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 12:34 AM   #11
RustyPile

Re: Power window Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
>>>>>snip<<<<<<<<<
Great explanation.

I neglected to add the workings of the Motor with 2 wires and that one is (Power up) and the other is (Power down).

:
Getter-done, That's only partially correct.. The motor is not grounded to anything... The motor is of the "bidirectional" design, meaning depending on the polarity of the voltage being applied it can run in either direction and the switches make that direction selectable.. The two terminals are actually each end of the windings. One is positive and the other is negative.. Apply positive voltage on one of the wires and ground the other -- the motor runs "forward".. Reverse the polarity of those two terminals and the motor runs the other direction. This reversal of polarity is all done through the switches.. It's a very complicated and complex circuitry, not meant for the unskilled or faint of heart..

@kaycee... Since you have substituted known good switches, I think you have an open circuit in the wiring.. Most probable location is inside the boot that houses the wiring as it passes from the door post into the door. If you want to learn how the circuit works, send me a private message, and I'll be glad to send you the GM Factory generated troubleshooting guide for power windows. It is a step-by-step procedure and if followed precisely, it will guide you to the problem..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote