View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
70STOVEBOLT

'70 C/10 The Needy Beast

Bought the truck back in 2001, it was my sole daily driver from then until my mom got really sick (lung cancer) in July of 2013. Since then it's been a part-time driver. I got tired of the 3-speed column shifter hanging up so I bought a TH400 from ebay for $100 that came with everything I needed to make the swap, including an automatic steering column, crossmember, shift linkage, etc. Pulled the pan and replaced the filter and fluid and it's been in there since. That was about 7 years ago. Recently I removed the 250 and installed a freshened up 402 out of a '71 motorhome that I bought on the board a couple years ago. I had purchased a rust-free cab from a board member back in 2011 and my son and I did the cab swap in September of this year. Since that time, it's been a fair-weather driver, as the drip rail sealer was removed when I got the cab and I have not replaced it yet.
The core support, right fender, right inner fender are NOS items. The right door is a rust-free original (not to this truck). I still need to get a left door and SWB bed (good luck finding an original, right?). Will probably go with a Woodall aftermarket bed, but would like to find an original driver's door, as I have heard that the repop doors do not fit right. I will post some pics of the cab swap shortly. Plans for the truck are a medium blue with white top and white on the metal interior with blue trim. I was going to go blue on the inside as well, but I like the look of the white/blue interiors that I have seen.

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks

Coming soon: EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23

Last edited by 70STOVEBOLT; 02-16-2021 at 09:26 PM.
70STOVEBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote