View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 06:10 PM   #17
AZ Chev

Re: OCHRE 72 K20 Restoration

A couple of more observations:

The truck has saddle interior. The area behind the dash pad is painted the dark saddle color. I'v never seen that before, is it common? It appears to be original.

I'v read on some of the other threads that if a truck has comfort tilt steering (N33), the dash pad is usually black to match the steering wheel and column. This truck has comfort tilt steering and is missing the pad, but has the saddle paint behind where the pad would be, up to the holes where the pad mounts. There are marks in the paint where the pad sat on top of the paint, so it was definitely painted that color before dash pad was installed. Am I safe to assume this was originally a saddle colored pad?

I would like to get the truck running before tear down so I con confirm the function of the recently rebuilt engine and transmission. I decided to pull the plugs and do a compression check, one, to inspect the plugs, two, to make sure nothing is wrong with the new motor. Plugs are very fuel fouled, and compression is exactly what it should be. Truck has spark, and it tried to start each time we attempted to start it, it just wouldn't ever fully start and run. Something wrong with the new Edelbrock carb? I guess I'll have to pull and inspect it to find out. First, an oil change and new plugs.
Attached Images

AZ Chev is offline   Reply With Quote