View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #22
Richard2112

Re: Anyone Sell Metal Glovebox Liners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac73 View Post
richard I would buy one of your . For non ac cab if your are interested please pm me
Thank you for the thought. It is a high quality build but unfortunately that was years ago and I no longer have the templates. However, if anyone would like to make on I'd gladly answer any questions they may have. (as much as I can remember anyway). The main structure is one piece. That is, the top back and bottom is one sheet, cut and bent. The two sides are separate pieces as shown in the pic. So the sheet metal is 3 pieces total.

Make a good template first, keeping the lines straight (cardboard, scissors and tape). A framing square comes in handy for making bend lines. make the main section with some extra metal at the front edges so you can double it over and have good connection points where it will bolt in. assemble the unit with minimum fasteners and push it into the glove box opening. It'll be tight but with minimun fasteners it should flex enough to push it through. Pull the unit forward into place and mark the bolt holes with a sharpie. Remove the unit, drill bolt hole a little over size and re-install.

I built steel reinforcements across the bottom, first side to side then put two more at the back (those two are 90 degree brackets). Therer is also a rib below the box which shares the bolts with the flat steel member that runs side to side (inside the box)

Apologies if that sounds confusing. I'm not real good at explaing something I did years ago, If you would like any clarification, I'll try to help.
Richard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote