View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
donthekawguy

Re: Finally going to get started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice project. What are your plans for the drive train? Candy red sounds cool to me. My Dad used to have a 74 El Camino with a 454, chrome side pipe headers and side pipes, and a tilt front end. It had a candy apple red paint job over gold flake. He sold that car to buy tools when he started a new job in 1984. When I was in cub scouts he used some of the left over paint on my pine wood derby car. I wish I could find the pics of that.
Drivetrain will be a LS of some sort probably nothing fancy but I do want AC and cruise. 4L80 trans and posi rear. Going with 4 wheel disc and five lug. Hoping to have the frame either candy paint or some sort of candyish powder coat. The body will be one of the slate gray non metal flake colors probably Toyota. All the chrome will be painted that black chrome stuff that Eastwood sells a it for and the interior will be dark red to sort of match the frame. Still not sure about using a old Impala dash yet but if I find one cheap enough I'll do it. This is going to take a while and when/if I move its really going to be a pain. I'm heading out now to pump up the tires and get it rolled in to the shop. Might have it torn down today, most of its done anyway. lol