View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Anchorism

Cool 79' C30 Camper Special build thoughts

Here is what i have to work with. Its a 1979 Chevy Camper Special C30. My grandfather ordered it from the factory brand new. He decided to retire it after one of his hands got in a collision with it.

It has a 7.4 454 under the hood that runs on LPG or gas. It has an RV torque cam, 4 speed manual, and a 4.56 locking rear end on it.

So far im trying to decide which colors i want to go with it. Ive thought of keeping the same colors just redone, or going charcoal metallic with a metallic black two tone. The grill will be replaced with the leavor grill as typical on an aftermarked chevy. Ive contemplated a roll pan but would rather have the tow hitch.

As for the interior im torn between the saddle tan and grey (either dark or light.) I will be putting in either the bucket seats from 1979 or going with 2003-2006 front seats.

I plan on redoing the exhaust with long tube headers with super 44 mufflers either coming out in front of the rear tires or going with non-goddy stacks.

The suspension is going to be replaced with a full air bag setup for comfort not slamming. The kit ive found runs around 2K for the full setup.

Ive been keeping an eye out for 19.5 alcoa dually wheels for it. Although i might try and run a single drag tire in the rear for a real mean look.

The engine is going to be gone through appropriately once the rest of the work is farther along. I would like to cam it out with a mild street/strip with full MSD ignition.

Im looking to get suggestions for everything as i am obviously not set on exactly where i want this truck to go. Here are the pics, Enjoy!

Here it is when i brought it from my grandfathers to my dads house.

Ive got to do some work on the front clip but other than that its in rather good condition.

This is the parts truck my dad picked up for me.

Another shot of the parts truck

This is a screenshot from youtube of a custom rig that has given me a few ideas.

FYI After the build is farther along, some of the parts truck will be up for grabs.....
Anchorism is offline   Reply With Quote