View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 03:47 AM   #1380
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Just how small has the world become.

My buddy Stas in Siberia sent mr this pic.

He was watching my youtube channel.

A friend, JB Math in Oklahoma gave me what I regard as a lovely compliment yesterday, saying that I have an innate ability to find those little imperfections that when corrected, make a nice impact.

To me, some of the bodges and repairs I see, make me wonder why people did not just do it right in the first place, as the effort is the same as doing it right.

Yesterday’s small jobs would have @nickwheeler rubbing his hands together in glee.

The black gloss paint came out…….

A few small jobs to do, necessitated some masking up, and also dismantling weather seals in the door frames, but with a nice impact.

First job, mask up the cut and shut Recarro seat bases. Welded, ground and left like that……

Nice job mr Craftsman.

Masked and painted.

Surely looks better already.

Next job was the A-Pillars, weirdly missed when painted blue and so obvious.

After poking and prodding, realised I could remove the door seals on both sides, passenger side is a long one including the sliding door.

Then washed many years of accumulated dirt and muck from there.

Cleaned up.

Painted.

At the same time I prepped the rear door, that is missing some trim.

The other door needs its upholstery to be fixed back neatly as well, maybe a weekend job.

But plans include driving and enjoying the van, and making up for forgetting Sally’s birthday.

Left the masking tape in place till this morning and was pleasantly surprised at the changes.

Looks much better imho.

Doors….

I had to look twice at where the yellow was sticking out so obviously before.

Really pleased with the result. Seals back in place.

And the rear door needs me to make up a piece of trim, probably in black, or dark grey to go with the upholstery trim.

For all the zoomers, yes there is damage to the rear glass tinting and some genius sprayed some black aerosol paint on it.

Not ideal, but a good solution, especially looking from the outside, until,I get to replacing the tint.

Possibly both sides at the same time.

As I get the small jobs done, I am getting to like the van more and more.

Realising that it has essentially had a very good life to date.

Friday…….. last day of the week.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote