View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
68_Shortbox

Project First Car '68 Shortbox Fleetside

Hi, I'm finaly starting my build thread for my '68 shortbox. I bought this truck March of 2010 and it's my first car. I plan on making a decent driver out of it. I'am not expecting it to be perfect at all, just a nice looking daily driver. So far my dad and I have have done some brake, exhaust work, and a bunch of little things to make it safer to drive. Currently we have the motor pulled so we can change the clutch, paint the motor, change engine seals, and paint the front of the frame. We also have to fix a crack in the frame where the power steering box is. This spring/early summer we will be swapping the '70 cab and front clip for a '68 cab and clip. The '68 truck that we will be using is a factory big block, air conditioned, and bucket seat truck. My '68 already has a disk brake conversion from a '71 suburban. My truck is a custom, it currently has a 327 out of a '68 impala and a truck 4 speed. I'am thinking about painting it blue with the grill painted black. I'am also considering painting a black hockey stick stripe like some of the '69 camaros had on the side. Thanks for looking and I will try and keep this thread updated as I work on the truck.
Attached Images

1968 Chevy K/10 short box fleetside (my project)
1969 Chevy Z/28 Camaro (my dad's project)
1968 Chevy C/20 long box fleetside (parts truck)

Last edited by 68_Shortbox; 02-20-2011 at 05:16 AM.
68_Shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote