View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 05:06 AM   #1753
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Right.

So where were we in this build?

A never ending list of smaller jobs, all taking up time.

The floors on the body have a weird diagonal join in the front footwells and revised resin and matting which brought a 15mm height irregularity into play.

I had got a load of fiberglass matting and resin from a member on UKGSER last year with all intent to use it to create a level and stronger floor, but fiberglass is ambarsteward to work with and ultimately I decided to go for a plan B solution to the floor and position of the pedals.
So the fiberglass matting and resin is again up for grabs if someone can use it and wants to collect it. PM me please.

So yesterday morning I spoke to Mickey over the fence about some thick ply offcuts he may have, Failed, he had none, but knew where two 4x6 foot “used” sheets of 15mm ply was dumped at his sons home.

So we jumper in the S10 and headed off to go scavenge and collect them.

One was unused, rectangular and missing a 400mm strip the other must have done duty as a floor in a van, one side grubby, and a load of dried out paint on it, plus random cuts to it.

Some more loose bits came home too.

Love my Chevy, don’t use it enough but it is always ready to work.

Treasures, and free money again as they were headed to a skip. The better sheet was already stashed in the garage for future reference.

So the usual CAD work commenced, keeping in mind the two sides are completely different.

Then transferred to the ply that I had cleaned up of the paint with a grinder and flap disc.

Thanks @nickwheeler for photography duties.

What the initial wood repaired and levelled, along with some brutal grinding down.

Pedal view.

There is another complete sheet of cut to size ply covering all of this mess, with the carpeting attached, going in and that will be like a bung, holding the transmission tunnel carpet etc in place.

Bought a yoga mat this morning to use as padding/insulation as there was nothing waterproof that I have direct access to to fit to the ply and to absorb the wear of heels under the pedals.

All of this has added a good 20mm or so to the floor, making the pedals easy to reach and use.

Foot rest to the left was cast in Oklahoma in 2019 on the road trip and has been waiting to be used on something interesting.

More in a bit about the rest of yesterday’s expectations and actions for those awake enough to have read this far.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote