View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 04:15 PM   #1756
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Header tank has been a PITA for @nickwheeler and I.

Various options, from a Cripple Cock cider bottle to a home made, 3” exhaust pipe tank and a walk around the bootfair today all failed.

I was going to try UncleBob the hoarder to see if he had something interesting or random.

Most of my day was spent around Sally, and the crazy woman, despite no sleep and doing that 26 mile night walk, fetched Bonnie and came to play with her in my garden, you call that loyal beyond any shadow of a doubt, and that is to a dog she made a covenant with.

Eventually at 5.00 she went home to go crash and rest, so I went to the garage, only to get a call from @brachunky way up north on a farm, we spoke for an hour about our home town and what an 1150GS with 80k miles was worth.

After that I dug out this little tank in the hope it would work as a header tank.

Then realised it was just not going to be right.

Planned position was drivers side inner wing.

Then I fetched the original MX5 unit, oddly shaped to fit into the tight space in the engine bay.

Everything back to front……

Tried to figure out how to make it work.

Pulled out some compressor hose that @disasterbus dropped off here months ago.

Went round to Mickey to try find some small jubilee clamps, failed, then came home and robbed two from my 7 horn La Cucheracha air horn trumpets that Nick does not like.

An hour later, some brackets made, painted, the front grille moved back, to allow the hood to close.

And finished.

I am pleased with that.

Looks good and another small job done.

Planned on some painting of the boards I did for the floor yesterday, but decided a mug of tea and a cheese sandwich sounded better.

Shop closed by 7.00pm.

Happy.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote