Thread: 47-55.1 My 53 GMC 3/4 ton project
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #9
Nima
Blue 67

Re: My 53 GMC 3/4 ton project

Thanks for the replies and support.
I have started this post while I am half way into this project. I should have started the post earlier since I know I have missed a lot of good info from experienced members in this board but to be honest I felt a little timid!
To answer some of the questions:
the frame is straight to me, at least to my eyes and based on what I have measured using measuring tape and levels on a flat ground in my shop. The body was sagging slightly on R front passenger side but all the suspensions seems to be original or close to original. I was told the truck was sitting in the barn for over 30 years or longer and when the property was bought out by the previous owner of the truck, the truck came with it but luckily the previous owner got the title from the previous previous owner!
I do have a full stable. None of them came finished to me. I don't know if it is sad or not but none of them also came original to me. I have few cars but I don't have that much money for that many original classics. All the cars in my sig (except for 67 and 2005 trucks) had LS swap, so I am fairly familiar with this swap and wiring modifications but body work is a new territory. My main problem that I admit, I don't do pretty stuff, maybe because I am always having another project lined up which I like to get on the road. I try to do a reliable work but the cosmetic stuff is my future plan. I have been driving my 79 Z28 LS swap (first one) for the past two years and the only time it stranded me was when I ran out of gas due to gauge issue.
Anyways, The rear axle is not HO52 based on what I researched and it has 4.57 I believe. I have a HO52 on my 67 C20 which I have done 8 lug disc swap. I got a 14 bolt SRW from a G20 van with 3.75 gears which I have already shortened and installed. Picture will follow.
Please continue to letting me know your inputs. I don't get offended with constructive criticism and actually I appreciate whoever helps me to learn a thing or two
Here are some more pictures, I am trying t keep them in order but posting is as hard as restoring!
Attached Images

1979 Camaro Z28: 5.3 vortec conversion with build TH350: drivable project, Fun to drive
1992 Camaro RS convertible (Z28 clone): 5.3 conversion with build T5: on going project
2005 Silverado 2500, 4x4 Duramax, original owner
Nima is offline   Reply With Quote