View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 12:08 AM   #11
burnin oil

Re: Replacement Radiator

Not in the least. Just relaying my experience with a hot runner in a 72 and owning more than one turned up cummins motors. For fun I never saw the temp gauge budge with a stock 95 dodge cummins radiator other than blowing out the freeze plug. It was cooling a maxed out 180 pump with 75lbs of boost from twin turbos. That was an easy 750hp and 1200 ft lbs at the rear tires. The 72 used to over heat in traffic with the stock radiator and it was common to Rev the motor to 2500 RPM to try and keep her cool. An upgraded clutch fan and crappy shroud helped but the the aluminum radiator did the trick. Cummins are more fun to drive but spinning a gasser to 7k plus has its place also. That old 12v will make it into my 57 when it gets the rebuild in a few years.

As far as intercooler plumbing goes he could probably just turn the battery sideways and offset the radiator/ intercooler. The charge pipe is around 4". Should be a pipe on each side of the intercooler which makes it a little more challenging. I think this is an older conversion but I am not sure.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote