Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 12:55 AM   #30
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Not much happened after I drove the truck back home. I did finally get around to installing the new lock set that I got as a birthday present, but didn't finish the install until I came back for Thanksgiving break. I finished up the install, then drove the truck back to Milledgeville.

The only reason I drove it back was to drive up to the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA, to meet up with the C10 Club Georgia again. On the way up there, I ran out of oil, but quickly shut the engine off before too much damage ensued. I put more oil in, and made it to the swap meet, but was worried about driving it back to school. Ended up doing it anyways because I figured it would be ok. The trip was a success, because I found a pair of 15x7 Western Wheel slot mags for cheap. I still need to find another pair.

The semester ended in the middle of December, and I was extremely nervous the entire way home. The truck made it home, but I decided that the engine had had enough. Also, I was getting fed up with continuously pouring oil in. I found another 283 for sale on Facebook from a C10 Club Georgia member. I got a good deal on the engine, and wanted to get the swap done and get the truck back on the road. I had seen the engine running in the truck it was pulled out of, so I bought it. It was only replaced for a 350 that had more power. As a budget build, the 283 was perfect for me.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote