View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #4
jocko

Re: 69-72 2 Tone Trim on 67-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
This topic has come up several times in the past month. I've seen a few thrown together like that while perusing good 'ole Craigslist, but no serious builds where it's done really cleanly. I'm a stickler for stock trim and paint combos, so it always looks weird to me. One option that there was a good consensus on the other threads was doing the 67/68 bottom trim with the 69-72 upper trim. GM almost did this combo in '68 and even did a promo shot of this setup. They painted white below the lower trim instead of in between the two.

are you sure someone hasn't photoshopped that? I've never seen the one with the trim - OR with a 68... (it does look nice). But I have seen THIS one, a 69, which is the pic they used in the actual sales brochure that year - so, while GM OFTEN carried pics over in brochures from year to year, they only did it when there wasn't a body style change (i.e. not 68-69). I've never seen that photo before - it's the exact same scene as the 69!! Although... the sun seems different too. Maybe they just went back to their fave photo shoot spot again in 69. And loaded the gear in the back, in exactly the same orientation. And had two guys with cowboy hats look like they are carrying on an interesting conversation It's the same, but not. Twilight zonish.
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 01-28-2018 at 11:15 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote